More than 300 (and growing) scientifically based interventions
We have created a collection of over 300 interventions, and the selection continues to grow based on new research. From these interventions, we select and custom-tailor a program that is adapted and revised over time to correspond with the clientâ€™s needs.
We cover more than just memory! Our interventions are targeted towards five primary cognitive domains that have been shown to be affected by cognitive decline. Home Care Assistance caregivers are trained in over 20 activities primarily targeting the five cognitive domains. Certified Interventionists are trained in a wider range of activities, carefully selected for each client and targeting the cognitive as well as non-cognitive areas.
- Executive Functioning includes cognitive abilities such as reasoning, problem solving, judgment, and cognitive flexibility
- Attention refers to the ability to focus on a specific piece of information for a sustained period of time while suppressing awareness of other competing distractions
- Language refers to the ability to execute verbal functions including spontaneous speech, speech repetition, speech comprehension, naming, reading and writing
- Visual-Spatial Perception involves the ability to accurately perceive and understand the visual relationships between objects and space
- Memory refers to the ability to retain information and utilize it later for adaptive purposes
Examples of Cognitive Interventions
Speak of the ___________!
Strong as an _______.
Take it or __________ it.
How Many Squares?
- Visual: Color Mixing
- Auditory: Sound Discrimination
- Olfactory: Taste Memories
- Tactile: Textile Identification
- Therapeutic Garden
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Memory Box / Photo Reminisce
- Various Art Therapies
- Show and Tell
- Tea Time
- Animal Therapy
- Current Events
- Family Tree
- Flower Arranging
- Field Trips